New Ecology, Inc. is seeking candidates for the position of HERS Rater Trainee in its Baltimore office.
This largely field-based position inspects and tests buildings to make them more energy efficient and help them become certified as green buildings. It is part of a technical services team that works with building owners and developers to build and renovate healthy and energy efficient buildings. This is a unique opportunity for someone with a background in construction and/or building maintenance to move into this fast-growing field. You will work collaboratively with our team of experts and receive extensive training enabling you to become a certified HERS (Home Energy Rating System) rater.
Duties and Responsibilities
• Conducting inspections of job sites to evaluate buildings for energy efficiency
• Performing field tests, such as blower door and duct blaster testing, at rough and final construction for program compliance
• Preparing HERS energy models for multifamily buildings
• Drafting reports that accurately communicate the results of field testing, and clearly outline any deficiencies or non-compliance on site
• Creating, organizing, and maintaining all construction documentation needed for program certification or review by a third party
• Regular travel to job sites and meetings is expected
New Ecology seeks to hire staff who want to learn on the job and better understand how buildings operate, and who want to apply this understanding to improve buildings. Candidates should possess:
• 2 to 3 years of construction or building maintenance experience, or a relevant technical degree
• Strong writing and verbal communications skills
• Computer experience that shows an ability to learn new programs; experience with modeling software or building design programs a plus
• Demonstrated ability to work on teams and to complete tasks on time and with high quality
• Curiosity and enthusiasm related to efficiency and green buildings
• Valid driver’s license and physical ability to inspect all aspects of buildings
Salary and Benefits
• Competitive salaries with excellent benefits
• Collaborative and supportive work environment
• Financial assistance for training and certifications
To Apply: Please submit your cover letter and resume to: email@example.com.
(Please put “HERS Rater Trainee – Baltimore” in subject line).
NEI is committed to developing a diverse staff. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. Minorities and women are encouraged to apply.