New Ecology, Inc. is seeking candidates for the position of Proposal / Contract Administrator in its Boston office. This position works closely with the Vice President and the Project Management and Finance teams to manage the organization’s rapidly growing Green Building business line.
About New Ecology
New Ecology is an innovative, nationally recognized non‐profit corporation. Our core work is providing energy efficiency and green building services that cost‐effectively improve the performance, health, and durability of buildings. Our clients are typically owners of multifamily housing (with an emphasis on affordable housing) and community‐based assets such as municipal, educational, and arts buildings. Projects include buildings that are being newly constructed, renovated, or are just seeking improved performance; see www.newecology.org for more details.
About This Position
This new position will play a key role in developing proposals, drafting contracts, maintaining project management software and analyzing project performance. The position reports directly to the Vice President, and works with the Project Management and Finance teams, to help manage the organization’s rapidly growing Green Building business line. For the right candidate, this is a career-enhancing opportunity to work alongside senior managers to put business and organizational skills to work in the field of sustainability and green building.
Duties and Responsibilities
The Proposal / Contract Administrator reports to the Vice President and is responsible for working with her to manage the Green Building business line. This includes generating project proposals and honing and updating organizational qualifications materials for potential projects. Responsibilities will also include working with the Project Management and Finance Teams to ensure that executed contracts are properly input and maintained in the organizational project management software, and assisting with evaluation of project performance and profitability.
Specific tasks may include:
- Hone and update relevant staff and company qualifications for potential projects
- Draft responses to RFPs
- Generate project proposals, with a focus on using lessons learned from past projects to accurately estimate cost on new projects
- Create, prepare, review and edit contracts for clients that clearly communicate New Ecology’s services
- Utilize project management software to track projects
- Assist the VP with business development through evaluation of project performance and profitability
The candidate should be prepared for increased responsibility in a rapidly growing company and should be motivated to help build this aspect of New Ecology’s services.
New Ecology typically seeks to hire multidisciplinary, lifelong learners who naturally seek deeper and deeper understanding of how buildings operate, how finances, markets and regulations affect building ownership, and how this understanding can be used to convince owners and operators to adapt greener practices. The ideal candidate thrives on finding solutions to difficult problems, has the organizational skills necessary to manage multiple projects and the people skills necessary to clearly communicate complex ideas and meet client expectations.
The applicant’s experience and qualifications should include:
- Bachelor’s Degree in business or other related field
- 2 or more years of relevant professional experience
- Demonstrated experience in making improvements to systems or processes
- Demonstrated interest in sustainability or green building
- Superior organizational skills; demonstrated success in managing multiple duties and responsibilities simultaneously
- Excellent written and oral communication skills;
- Adept in use of Microsoft Office and in learning new software as needed
The ideal candidate will also bring:
- Experience maintaining and analyzing data and writing reports based on that data from a CRM (or other comparable) system
- Previous experience working with proposals and contracts
Salary and Benefits
New Ecology offers competitive salaries with excellent benefits in a collaborative and supportive work environment. Professional development is a priority and we provide financial assistance for training and certifications.
Please submit your resume and a thoughtful cover letter explaining why you would be a good fit for this position to: firstname.lastname@example.org (please put “Green Building Proposal / Contract Administrator” in the subject line).
NEI is committed to developing a diverse staff. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. Minorities and women are encouraged to apply