New Ecology, Inc. is seeking candidates for the position of HVAC Controls Specialist in its Boston office. The Specialist will be part of a dynamic team that is developing and installing low cost monitoring and optimization for multifamily buildings. This technology provides insight into systems operation, increases equipment life and tenant comfort, and reduces utility consumption and maintenance costs. The position works as part of a team to develop and install the monitoring systems and uses data collected by the systems to diagnose and solve problems with large residential building HVAC systems. We are seeking an experienced technician with substantial experience with HVAC systems and controls. Experience with Building Automation Systems (BAS) and network communications protocols is also desirable. The position reports to New Ecology’s Senior Energy Engineer.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Assess and document HVAC systems in advance of installing monitoring equipment;
- Assist in the assembly of monitoring equipment;
- Install HVAC monitoring equipment in boiler rooms, and other areas in multifamily buildings;
- Participate in the analysis of data collected by monitoring systems in order to develop strategies to optimize performance and alert building owners of maintenance and performance issues;
- Adjust existing HVAC equipment and controls to implement recommendations for optimization;
- Work with clients to understand system performance, implementing settings and controls settings, improve maintenance practices and coordinate with other HVAC contractors.
New Ecology typically seeks to hire multidisciplinary, lifelong learners who naturally seek deeper and deeper understanding of how buildings operate and how this understanding can be used to convince owners and operators to adapt greener practices.
- At least five years of demonstrated experience with the installation and operation of HVAC systems and controls;
- A demonstrated ability to be responsible for multiple projects and deliverables;
- A valid driver’s license;
- Physical abilities to work in all areas of large buildings, including accessing basements and roofs, working outside and in boiler rooms, climbing stairs/ladders, and the ability to handle and carry equipment; and
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office.
The ideal candidate will also have:
- A bachelor’s degree in a related field;
- A license as a plumber, pipefitter or electrician;
- Experience creating one-line diagrams of HVAC equipment;
- Experience with CAD type software;
- Experience analyzing data from building energy monitoring systems and using the analysis to improve performance and efficient;
- Professional designations related to efficiency and green building;
- Experience commissioning and doing forensic diagnosis of HVAC equipment;
- Experience with BAS and network communications protocols; and/or
- Experience auditing multifamily buildings.
Compensation: New Ecology offers competitive salaries with excellent benefits in a collaborative and supportive work environment. Professional development is a priority and we provide financial assistance for training and certifications.
Schedule: Full time, exempt. Regular travel to job sites and meetings throughout the Commonwealth of Massachusetts and periodic out of state travel is expected.
To Apply: Please submit a cover letter and resume to: email@example.com (please put “HVAC Controls Specialist” in subject line).
NEI is committed to developing a diverse staff. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. Minorities and women are encouraged to apply.